Friday, March 30, 2007

I'M AN AUNT!!!




My sister and her husband (Alissa and Greg) had their baby - Luke Gregory Melton! He was born on Wednesday at 3:30 and weighs 8lbs, 1 oz and is 20 3/4 inches long - BIG baby (he was originally due on April 1)! I was in California still and was an emotional wreck because all I wanted to do was be with my sister (I have an event this weekend I have to be at). She had a very difficult labor and was in alot of pain (almost 24 hours in the hospital before he was born). He wouldn't move even though she was contracting every 3 minutes for 45 sec to 1 min. So they finally induced before she got drugs in her body which I guess was just horrifying! She was finally able to sleep some after they finally got drugs in her poor body. The greatest thing was that my mom called me while she pushed so I could hear it all. His cry was so beautiful... and she says all the pain was worth it as soon as she saw him! Though I was sad I wasn't physically there I was so glad to be there over the phone. He's beautiful and healthy and has the cutest dimple! I'm going out in a month to help her out (we're all taking turns!) so I'm sure I'll have more pictures!

11 comments:

AJ said...

I love it!! (By it I mean the blog, not necessarily the child because it would probably be insensitive to refer to it as such...crap, i just did it) If this were a Jessica Simpson post birthing photo she would have been made up and all bright eyed and bushy tailed...where the heck did that saying come from? Love you honey..congrats!!!

olivia and henry said...

oh wow!!!!! congratulations to you and to sweet alissa! luke is beautiful...and what a precious photo of him with his momma! i love it. i'm so excited for alissa and greg...and for you, aunt andrea! i want to see you when you come to town!!!! alissa still lives in dallas, right?!? please tell her how thrilled i am for her. love you andrea! angie

Psalm112 said...

How exciting!! Alissa looks so precious and beautiful holding little Luke.

Congrats!!

Julie Hibbard said...

congrats Auntie Andie!!!
I am so happy for you and for Alissa and BE SURE to tell GRANDMA that I am soooo happy for HER!!!
Love you!

vanessa said...

Oh, how wonderful! I love the story, too. Congratulations, Auntie A!

Unknown said...

Alyssa and the sweet baby are beautiful!! You are gonna be a great aunt!! Yall will have so much fun!! Congrats, Auntie Andie!!

Unknown said...

I thought I made Auntie Andie up but I just read your other comments! :)

Kristyn said...

wow...he came early! I was just thinking about your sis today, knowing that this was her due date! They look so precious in the picture. You would never know she had a hard labor! Give them our congrats and let me know when you head this way...

Allie said...

Yeah, what a sweet sweet baby! Isn't it funny that we think 8 lb babies are so big....just wait till you hold him, he will feel TINY. Being an aunt is one of the best things in the world. Ande you will love it. Congrats to all.

Love,
Aunt Sis

Creth said...

awww, congratulations!

p.s. thanks for the happy birthday wish!

good to "see" you again! hope you're doin' well!

Creth said...

awww... thanks! glad I could make you laugh!

and sorry to be so vague... we're already back, just went for an extended weekend and now I'm taking my time posting all of the photographs!