Monday, April 9, 2007

My favorite part of the day

At my job, in the absence of our "front desk girl," I may have to deal with a resident who walks into our office (which is in a clubhouse) now and then. I often have many ridiculously time-wasting conversations. So here is what happened today:

Resident walks in with her 4 year old son. Andrea rises from her chair in her office where she was focusing intently on the task at hand and makes her way towards the resident to welcome her. (It is important to note that Andrea's office is in the VERY back of the clubhouse.) As she moves into the lobby, the following conversation occurs:

Andrea: Hi, How are you?
Resident: Hi, yes. We have swimming lessons today at this clubhouse. Is that at the pool?
Andrea (inwardly): I'm gonna go ahead and let you figure that one out.
Andrea (outwardly): Umm... yes, it is.
Resident: Great, thanks! Come on Hunter. I guess it is at the pool.

Time wasted!

7 comments:

AmyB said...

I hope they at least pay you well for your time!

vanessa said...

awesome.

AJ said...

Inquiring minds have to know...what was this important "task at hand"

Brent said...

Thank you for sharing your inward thoughts as well as your outward response. I appreciate that.

Julie Hibbard said...

Wow...reminds me of that SNL skit, "REally?"
you REALLY didn't know if that was the pool? REALLY??

Pen the Tale said...

lovely.

Keith said...

I wish I was there to see the look on your face, and to make sure you weren't able to keep it straight!