Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mistakes that make me sad

Tonight I made a terrible mistake. I was craving kettle corn, so I popped some. With great anticipation, I extended my arm toward the bowl and picked up a few fingers-ful of the warm, fresh corn (have you ever tried to just eat one at a time? doesn't work.) At first bite, I thought "hmm... that wasn't very sweet." So I reached in again expecting a burst of sweet-and-salty deliciousness... and again, it wasn't what I wanted.

I realized I popped regular popcorn... this realization quickly led to a pout from my bottom lip.

9 comments:

AJ said...

yeah...kind of reminds me of that time I ran down that special ed kid on my bike...kind of made me sad too...

andrea said...

oh alan, what thought process are you on that would lead you to leave a comment like that after reading my post? my blog is "family-friendly" and PC

AJ said...

MEH

AJ said...

A real exciting post huh?

vanessa said...

alan's comment made me laugh. it's quite a visual.

and sucks about the popcorn. i am a kettle corn FANATIC, so that would have made my bottom lip drop too. maybe even shed a tear. i am so, so sorry to hear about this.

Julie Hibbard said...

I know that feeling of dissapointment well! When are you and me and Alan going to dinner?? CAll and let me know!

Keith said...

You know I don't share your kettle corn appreciation, but I can empathize and I do feel your pain. How did you ever make it to work the next day? You're a real trooper!

Creth said...

ah! there's this wonderful place in McKinney where... they make all sorts of AMAZING popcorn. I believe it's called Mom & Popcorn... I'll google it, maybe you can order some online!

Creth said...

http://www.momandpopcorn.com/