Friday, March 9, 2007

Cold office... warm body


I think there is some American law that says that every office space must be extremely cold so as to provide one more reason to make employees want to bolt. Our office is always cold. The temperature is set at 72, but our thermostat is in a ventless room that houses our printer, copier, computer server, and other heat generating electronics; naturally it's several degrees warmer in there. So, while our electronics remain comfortable, we FREEZE! To prove to you how cold it is, I put a pic of a man, uh... Joe, who works with me in the office. I have a space heater by my feet and another space heater that oscillates throughout my office to keep me warm. But it's still not enough. So today, in a last ditch effort, I brought my heating pad to work with me. Yes, my heating pad with a sweet 1973 looking slip cover (orange, maroon, yellow floral pattern) - it's awesome. And I'm finally warm! I look like a complete idiot because every 10 mins I'm moving my heating pad to a new location on my body that suddenly shouts "Over here! I'm cold!" So, I obey and place grandma's heating pad on that location. I am warm; I am happy; and I have prevailed once again over their attempt to make me uncomfortable.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are SO random! I love them. Especially the "fancy detective"!! Why is she fancy!!??

Julie Hibbard said...

So where WAS everyone yesterday? Out buying parkas?

Keith said...

I hope you're comfortable now, but I did like the heating pad, that was sweet!

mandy said...

you are too funny, my heating pad is right there with yours. it is pale blue with fuzzy balls all over it...i wish it had flowers.