Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm Just Thinkin'

Just wanted to share some random things going on in my head and/or heart:
  • I really want it to rain. I know all my friends in TX are tired of it, but I'll trade you for a week!
  • I have some really great friends... friends that let me just be who I am no matter what that may look like... they don't try to change me... they let me just be. I think this is a very sweet gift in life that I never want to take for granted.
  • I think it's strange how some people think that being at work means that they work. Seriously... I'm sometimes amazed at the thought of how much could actually get done in a day if everyone actually worked.
  • I want to be better at Spanish so I can talk to my friends, Walter and Jose, at work. They are so sweet, they're some of the hardest workers I know and they try so hard to speak to me in English (they do really well!)... but I feel terrible when they apologize because they said something wrong or can't remember a word. I've asked Walter to teach me a new word or phrase everyday.
  • I know a lot of people say this... I actually mean it too... I really want to travel more.
  • I guess I can do or can imitate funny voices because the 6th person in less than 5 months just told me that I should do voice-overs for animations. Maybe I'll make a voice-over reel and send it to all the big wigs in animation movie land. Then I could make lots of money and travel with all of my wonderful friends to Spanish speaking countries where it rains and siestas are okay. Aw... you get it?
  • I've been thinking a lot about a certain fear that exists within me. I feel the need to come up with something clever and poetic to share with you about it so that I can remain in my head and think I'm dealing with it. But, instead I think I'm just going to let myself accept that this is a part of me today. This is hard for me - to live in the present. I'd rather talk about it than actually feel it... but it's only by letting myself accept it and embrace it (for now) that I will ever be able to release it. And I'd rather this... no matter how difficult it is... than to remain numb and nurture this fear within.

Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Maybe you just need to MOVE to Texas, then, so you can experience the rain firsthand. :) I heard that if you learn one new Spanish word a day and watch an hour a day of the Spanish channel, you'll become fluent pretty fast. Or, you could just TRAVEL to a Latin country and learn it even faster. I'd go with you. Miss you!

vanessa said...

Want to travel more? Come to Nashville! It was fun to see you in CA, too. The BBQ place was yum...no matter if others couldn't take the smell (odd). :)

Oh...and you've been tagged. Yup, you. If confused, visit my bloggity blog!

Unknown said...

SO true about the work comment! It made me smile!!

Shawna said...

so good to hear an update and what's been on your mind lately. thank you for your call. i'll call this weekend - i promise. i miss you and love you!

Kristyn said...

i like this post.