Thursday, August 9, 2007

And We Wonder What's Happening to Younger Generations

I was in a kid's clothing department at a store yesterday and overheard this conversation: (Note: Sierra is maybe 7 years old.)

Mom: Sierra, Oh my gosh! Look at these True Religion jeans. Oh, how cute!
Sierra: Oh wow!
Mom: You've GOT to try them on! They're only $120. Oh look! Look at all those cute Juicy outfits on the back wall. Look Sierra! Oh how cute!
Sierra: Oh ya! Look at the pink one! That's so cute, Mom.
Mom (in a screeching high pitch): Oh, Sierra, you are going to be the coolest one at school! I'm so excited!

Umm... sad.

4 comments:

Cathi said...

Wow....I'm speechless. And saddened.

Kristyn said...

scary...very scary.

Shawna said...

What's wrong with that? Kate already has some. :)

andrea said...

It's what her mom said at the end that was sad... to me.