Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How Rude!


I think one of the rudest things I see people do is leave their shopping carts wherever they feel like it. To me, it literally screams "I am too important and too good to place my cart in the cart-lot where it belongs"... and I HATE self-entitlement. I watched a woman today struggle for 3 minutes to be sure the cart she was leaving in between 2 cars would stay balanced and not roll off or hit one of the cars. She could have walked the cart to the cart-lot (which was only 3 spaces over), walked back to her car and start driving off in that amount of time.
Later I went to pull into a parking space only to discover that a cart was sitting in the middle of the space! So rude! Then when my shopping was complete, I went to pull OUT of my spot only to find out that I couldn't pull out because there was a line of about 20 carts behind me and the poor kid was off collecting others that people were too important to put where they belong.
He shouts "I'm sorry!"
I almost shouted back "No, I'm sorry. People are so rude for not putting them where they go... and now you're stuck cleaning up their mess."
Instead I just said to myself "Just think of it as... job security."

4 comments:

AJ said...

Amen sister. Could you please clarify and tell me whether this shopping cart boy was "oriental?"

AJ said...

Actually, that reminds me...i think one of the rudest things people do is to refer to those from Asian backgrounds as "Oriental." How ignorant and rude to an entire culture. People who do this should be...

andrea said...

Hahaha! So true, Alan! I always say "Oriental describes rugs and foods... not people!"

This shopping cart boy happened to be of latin descent. And he was a very hard worker... his momma should be proud.

Allie said...

Ande you hit the nail on the head. I HATE it when people do that. How DARE you think you are more important than the next shopper. I shopped last Sunday in the rain and I STILL walked the basket back to the return receptical......I'm SOO important. Hahaha, just kidding. But still, return your own freakin baskets!