Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Don't Get It

"You don't get what?" you're asking. This:

1. When people put window stickers of their families on cars. I especially don't get it when they put each family member's name below the corresponding cartoon-y stick figure with their last name sprawled over the top. And don't get me started on the pets.




2. When people say something like, "It's a shame that nobody has snatched you up yet." Ummm... I don't get it. Who or what exactly did you just shame?

3. The Christmas... excuse me... the Holiday decor at my work. I have 5 events over the next two weeks and somehow I was given the task of making sure all of the clubhouses were decorated this week because "I have good style." And let me remind you that this community is made up of very nice, expensive and classy homes. Sounds fun, right? Well, like 50 bins of decor was dropped off in my office to use. It seriously looks like we all went through our junk drawers and dumped them in these bins. So this is what I have to use... TO DECORATE CLUBHOUSES! I have to. And yesterday, this put me in a bad mood (well, I let it put me in a bad mood) when I had to decorate this HUGE (ginormous) wreath - or as my co-worker would say, "reef." They handed me the wreath along with the "items" to decorate it. These items consisted of: a string of gold beads/leaves long enough to stretch around 1/3 of the wreath, a string of bright red and green jewel-y beads to stretch across another 1/3 and a bunch of little pixie things to just stick around the stupid wreath - some that look like glittered gifts, some that look like flat, gold grapes, some that look like a bouquet of holly... you get the picture. And that's it. That's it??? What the hell am I supposed to do with all this crap? So we have a beautiful room with gorgeous wood floors, huge elaborate chandeliers and a big 'ol tacky wreath hangin on the wall. I don't get it.

4. Why people still come to work when they're sick... coughing on everything, snotting on everything, hacking. I get you're a hard worker and you feel okay enough to work, but now it's two weeks later and we're ALL sick. And then, when someone else decides to stay home, you say proudly, "I still came in when I was sick."

5. Ugg boots. I don't get it. Especially when you wear them with your mini-skirt.

6. Why Kenny Chesney keeps winning Entertainer of the Year at the CMAs. Why?? I don't get it.

7. Why people tell me I look like this when I put on my glasses. I don't get it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree!!
I totally don't get have ANY type of name on your car? Why do we need to personalize our windows or tell other drivers what sports our kids play!
I think Tina Fey is popular right now, and she wears cute classes, and you wear cute glasses, and that is where the comparison ends! But yeah, its stupid.
Have fun with your tacky reefs. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...I love love love when you mention your co-worker. it seriously gives me a good laugh every time. classic.

i get Ugg boots. they're amazing. but you're right....not with mini-skirts. it's at least gotta be 59 degrees for you to justify bringing them out. yes, 59.