Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Rolling Eyes

A few posts ago, I made a list of things that never fail to make me smile. Here is a list of 22 things that never fail to make my eyes roll:

1. Cheesy pick up lines
2. When someone tells me how I should/shouldn't feel
3. When someone says "we need to get you married."
4. When someone learns I live in Orange county and asks, "do you know any of the real housewives of Orange County?"
5. When someone learns I'm from Texas and they say something that they think sounds "redneck" in a stupid Texas accent.
6. When vocalists talk in their songs (ahem... Fergie)
7. Kanye West
8. Arrogance (see #7)
9. When girl's say "I'm a princess!"
10. When someone talks to me like I'm 12.
11. Local news
12. Dirty jokes
13. People who insist on one-upping anyone and everyone.
14. When Randy says, "so, yo dawg, yo dawg. listen up. listen up..." on American Idol
15. When a co-worker throws someone else under the bus to avoid taking responsibility for something not getting done.
16. When I go running and people try to scare me as they drive by.
17. When I go running and I smile and say "hi" to the runner/walker I'm passing and they look away.
18. When someone interrupts and says "Sorry to interrupt, but..." I'd rather you say "I'm going to interrupt."
19. My dad's "3-legged Pig" joke. Seriously... don't ask him to tell it in front of me.
20. When people use God as an excuse to not make a decision (there's a lot more to this one that I'm not going to get into).
21. When girls say "I've always been better friends with guys. I just don't like girls," as though it's a strength.
22. When something is in my eye

7 comments:

Cathi said...

I wish I could relate, but all of these things just make me laugh- especially when you tell me about them!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Ummm... I second the 3-Legged Pig joke. (Insert rolling eyes and shaking head.)

lesli said...

hi andrea! i'm allie's friend, lesli and your list struck a nerve! i too HATE when girls say they can only be friends with guys. that's just weird - not your strength! great list!

Kristyn said...

this is a favorite post of mine b/c it's so true. so true!

kinsey said...

oh my, you made me laugh a lot with that!

Unknown said...

I am really feeling the song-talking one. I hate that too. Especially Fergie-- it drives me nuts when she says "a girl like me don't stay single for long" and "love thang" and well, just all of it.
Why does Randy say that? It is so strange and begins every sentence.

vanessa said...

oh my gosh...this is hilarious!
i laughed out loud on #17...that is always such an awkward & rude moment...oh my...SO funny!