Monday, February 11, 2008

Things that Never Fail to Make Me Smile

(I got the idea for this post on someone else's blog... I just can't remember who it was. So, if it was you, you're more than welcome to take the credit.)

Here are just 34 things that never fail to make me smile (in random order):

1. My nephew, Luke.
2. Joel McHale on The Soup
3. Watching Natalie perform
4. A surprise letter in the mail.
5. When a friend gets pregnant/has a baby, gets engaged/gets married
6. Watching someone discover something new, especially about themselves
7. The Office
8. Crabby old ladies at the Trader Joe's (a whole foods market for you not on the west coast) by my house.
9. Sweet old men at the Trader Joe's by my house.
10. Figuring out clues from Lost
11. A kiss on the forehead.
12. When someone decides to let down their guard with me.
13. When someone lets me be vulnerable with them even though I'm scared.
14. When I feel pride for who I have become... and am still learning to be.
15. The love I feel for my friends and family.
16. The love I feel from my friends and family.
17. When I'm told I'm funny.
18. When someone falls and is not hurt (even if it's me).
19. When I hear a parent tell their child "I'm so proud of you."
20. Sunny days
21. Falling asleep to rain
22. Finishing a good book
23. A long, quiet morning (with coffee)
24. When I sense God's very real presence
25. When I hear a good song that reminds me of my childhood... like, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
26. When I hear a stupid song that reminds me of my childhood... like, "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" (did my mom know that we were memorizing the words w/o knowing the meaning???)
27. When I was a nanny and a child would correct me by reminding me of a lesson I had just taught them.
28. When I'm carded
29. Dreaming of my future
30. When my house is clean (even though I hate the process)
31. When I wake up and remember it's Saturday and I don't have to get up and go to work
32. Going to the beach
33. Stewie and Peter on The Family Guy
34. Alan's puns

What makes you smile?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

YOU make me smile. loved the post. miss you friend and hope your b-day was EXTRA special!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

We got to sleep to the rain last night, and I thought of you.

There's nothing like good ole' KVIL love songs. "Once, twice, three times a lady. I looove you."