Monday, October 22, 2007

Ring of Fire


In case you don't watch the news and don't talk to those who do, I just wanted you to know that LA and Orange County are burning down as I speak. One wildfire is only about 5 miles from my house. We're okay though. The smoke smells, my eyes burn and you can see flying ash. And there are hurricane force winds which makes the fires difficult to contain. Yikes!

UPDATE: Now there is a fire in Ladera Ranch... a small city where I work. The fire is less than 1 mile from my office. We'll be fine. But the OC residents are FREAKING out right now. Firefighters are guarding the residential areas and don't forsee any structural damage. Maybe I'll get some outdoor seating at lunch today! :)

NEWEST UPDATE:
Now I'm on fire.

6 comments:

Angel2 said...

That's so crazy that you are living that! I never thought of all the ash and smoke that would be everywhere! I'm glad you're ok!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

That is NUTS! I saw on Fox news where they were reporting from the 241 Tollway RIGHT BY MOM & DAD'S HOUSE! It was so bizarre! Hope yall are okay.

andrea said...

ya... it's shut down at the Portola in Irvine though, not the one by mom and dads house. they'll be fine. it's actually a lot closer to my house and jason's house.

Shawna said...

oh goodness! so scary...keep us posted on how you are. where do you go to escape all of that?

Kristyn said...

What in the world? I'm calling you today!!!

FordeFam said...

Praying for you and your family and friends there!!! Ahhhh!!! So, I know I'm a little gullible, but what did you mean by you being on fire? Your work, house...? Sorry, I guess I should already know, everyone else seemed to understand!