Sunday, July 20, 2008

Take a Stroll With Me

Today :

I woke up later than usual.
Listened to church online. Very good.

Completed some domestic duties.

Watched (off and on) an interesting show on National Geographic about Antarctica.

Updated my itunes by importing old cd's while doing the above.
Listened to: Amos Lee, A Fine Frenzy, Ray LaMontagne, Coldplay and Patty Griffin while doing most of the above.
Which obviously put me in a mellow mood.
Cleaned up and got ready for the day. Finally.
To hang out with myself. Lovely.
Once cabin fever set in, I headed to the Spectrum.

I drove slow. Still mellow.

Grabbed a fancy coffee. My treat.

Tried on a few things.

Bought one thing.

Walked into Anthropologie. Immediately inspired.

"i want... i want... i want," I said continuously.

Reminded myself of who I am. Smiled.
I left wishing the store designer to be my friend.

Remembered my friends. Smiled again.

Enjoyed the perfect weather as I strolled to my car.

Drove home. Slowly.

Walked in the empty house. Roommate's out of town.

Turned on the lamp. Simple light is the best.

Made a veggie omelet. Delicious.

Sat on my comfy couch to tell you about my day.

And thanked me for hanging out with me today.
It was a delightful day.

6 comments:

Cathi said...

I miss you already. It doesn't seem right to be in Texas without you.

Shawna said...

Ahh - to have a day to myself. Don't even know where I would start, but I love what you did with it.

AND...I hardly recognize you in this picture. Is your hair lighter from the sun or did you put highlights in it? You look like a true CA summer girl. Hope it's been a good one.

I miss you. Let's have a catch up talk soon.

andrea said...

hmmm... no. nothing's changed. i think it's just the lighting... and i didn't really have makeup on - that explains the shiny t-zone. ;) self-portraits always have weird angles too.

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

I wish I were there to do all of that with you. :( I've really been missing you!

By the way, when I saw that picture, I literally thought it was Mom at first. WEIRD!

vanessa said...

Oh...what a peaceful day! So nice. I forgot what that's like...

And the picture...when I first saw it for a split second I thought...oh this must be a friend she's blogging about. Haha! I agree...self-portraits tend to make you look different. You're still cute, t-zone & all. ;)

Angel2 said...

Miss you so much it's ridiculous! Have a lot of catch up reading to do!

I wish I'd been there with you, but then it would've so not been a "day alone" now would it?! Lol.

I'm with Shawna on the hairness. It did look way different.

Would love to talk to you soon!
LOVE YOU!

Remember when you put your puke back in that fancy housing development porta potty- you are one classy lady, Ande!