Friday, July 25, 2008

Just Some Random Stuff

  • I really like that I live in one of the best climates in the world. It's been PERFECT lately. Love it.
  • About 4-5 months ago I learned that I'm allergic to certain foods that happen to be in everything (like wheat/gluten and corn, among others). I've avoided blogging about it because I was in the process of accepting that my eating style has completely changed (and grieving that I can't have foods that I want sometimes). I'm now the "picky" eater that is hard to eat out with and I found myself being kinda insecure about it. However, I'm now at a place where I am totally okay with it - mainly because I feel SO much better. But it's changed my mind about food (again!) in general - I eat to fuel my body.
  • If anyone tells you that you don't really get that wet on Splash Mountain, they're lying. I got drenched. And was dramatic about it.
  • I learned something new about me this week - well, I knew it about me, but I actually heard it and felt it this week - BREAKTHROUGH. It is in these broken moments when I discover how precious my heart is.
  • Cathi and I are moving next month... right next door. The new condo is more updated... by like 20 years! And I am SOO excited!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Once again, a great post! Glad to hear you've found food that works for you! I'm sure we could all learn alot, if you feel like sharing. ;)
I wish you were moving next door to us! but in a perfect climate, not the Texas heat!
Miss you friend!

Psalm112 said...

I was diagnosed with a gluten allergy about a year ago. PF Changs makes it all okay. Their gluten-free menu is so yummt!