Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What Was That?

Here is my list of Top Ten worst lyrics... ever. As you read them, remember someone wrote them and said "perfect!" Someone else listened to it and said "yes." And quite possibly a third person heard it and said "I want to record that." And then YOU bought it and sang along. What I'm saying is that multiple people thought it was good before you heard it and cringed. (side note: I'm not saying I hate the song, I just don't like this particular lyric. Some songs I do hate though. ahem... Fergie... ahem)

10. Wake me up before you go go/ Don't leave me hangin on like a yo-yo." Wake Me Up, WHAM!

9. God must have spent a little more time on you. N'Sync (or Backstreet Boys... one of 'em)

8. Fergilicious definition make them boys go loco. Fergilicious, Fergie

7. You're on my heart just like a tattoo/ I'll always have you. Tattoo, Jordin Sparks

6. Whatcha gonna do with all that breast/All that breast inside your shirt. My Humps, BlackEyed Peas

5. Between the red cells and white/ Somethin's not right Sara Beth, Rascall Flatts

4. I don't like cities, but I like New York/ Other places make me feel like a dork. I Love New York, Madonna

3. Let me see that tho-o-ong/ Thong th thong, thong thong. The Thong Song, Cisco (now admit it, you totally sang along)

2. 'Cause my swag is serious/ Somethin heavy like a first-day period. Feedback, Janet Jackson

and the #1 WORST lyric ever. I almost go into a full rage if I hear it:

1. And I miss you like a child misses its blanket. Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergie

What are your least favorite lyrics??

5 comments:

Creth said...

I could have chosen just about any lyric from this artist's collection but-

"I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs"

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including three songs involving Fergie. I strongly dislike her!

vanessa said...

Oh my GOSH I can't stand that stupid blanket song either! So many people like it though, so I don't get it. When I hear someone singing that lyric out loud (Mark has!) I'm like "seriously?!" Ugh. Bugs me.

Something about the lyric "take your cat & leave my sweater" drives me nuts.

I like how I sound so mad...haha!

Allison said...

I hate: "you're out of this world except you're not green"

Oh, Justin Timberlake...you're better than that.

Angel2 said...

"lately you been acting like a... smelling like a zoo"

Joey what's his face from the old show Blossom. Yes, I bought his CD in jr. high. Yes, it was his one and only CD. I'm sure you're shocked.