Tuesday, May 13, 2008

That Did NOT Just Happen...

That is what I was saying to myself over and over in my head for about 15 minutes in a dressing room on Saturday. The reality is - it DID just happen. Now that I have (somewhat) recovered, I will share with you.

On Saturday I had some "Andrea-time" (which is very fun, by the way) and decided to stop in at a little boutique. I stepped behind the dressing room curtain in the middle of the store to try on some clothes. As I was stepping into a pair of pants, I lost my balance and had to step back to catch myself. I'm not sure what happened next; I think I stepped onto my jeans, or my belt, or my shoes (maybe all three). All I know is that I tripped, falling backwards, through the curtains and ended up sprawled out. On the storeroom floor. In just my bra and underwear. And I mean I was sprawled! I screamed on my down which attracted more attention. I saw at least six pairs of eyes looking at me... one of which was a male. Nobody knew what to do except gasp, say "oh my god" over and over and/or quietly giggle. I sat, no I layed sprawled not knowing what to do. The store manager started walking toward me and said "Are you okay?" (she was trying her best to hide a smile, bless her heart). I thought in that moment that standing was the worst thing I could do being that I was NAKED and didn't want to attract more attention... so I quickly scooted/crab-crawled back behind the curtains. I regret that decision - the scooting part. Then I sat in the stool in the dressing room for the next 15 minutes with my face in my hands. Once I had the courage, I stepped out, waved, bought a few items and walked out with my head held high. At least I had on cute panties.

11 comments:

betsy said...

i am laughing out loud, because i can totally imagine that happening to me! you never cease to make me laugh!!
betsy

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Oh, this hurts me. I am in shock for you. OHHHH, I am so sorry.

vanessa said...

Oh my gosh...that is awful, Andrea! I love that you crab-crawled, though. That part made me laugh!

Kristyn said...

I'm impressed that you bought something...I think I would have gotten dressed and ran out the door! ;)

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

I so wish I could have been there. I laugh every time I think about it.

Julie Hibbard said...

So sorry!!! Hilarious tho!
Love and miss you!!!

Allie said...

I LOVE that story and can totally picture you doing that. Hahahah, too funny.

Reed and Kelli said...

hello....im a friend of Vanessa's and i just had to comment. i am laughing SO hard and SO loud right now. your writing was so visual and i know exactly how those "boutique-y" places can be! thanks for sharing...a good laugh is good for the soul.

p.s i am sorry that this happened to you though.

Shawna said...

oh, ande...i'm sorry. you should have said "let me fall!" on your way down. :) at least you got some cute things.

mandy said...

so awful and so funny.

Ange said...

I'm sitting at my desk laughing out loud. This is SO horrible and SO embarrassing and SO hilarious! Sorry to laugh at your pain, I would have reacted the same as you tho!!!