Friday, September 7, 2007

What I Wish I Could Send

Dear woman at the restaraunt,

The reason why you're two year old daughter hit you was because everytime she tried to walk to the other side of the booth you would strong arm her against the wall and shout "NO!" No offense, but I would hit you too.

The reason why she couldn't answer you when you persistently asked, "why did you hit me? why did you hit me?" is because she's two and you clearly haven't shown her how to use her words.

The reason she was crying was because her mommy was really mean to her and she didn't understand why you were so disapproving... all she wanted to do was sit on the other side of you. I wouldn't tell you why I was crying either - you were scary.

Finally, the reason she couldn't "stop crying and sit like a lady" is because she is TWO... she's not a lady. And thankfully she doesn't know how to shut off her emotions. Keep it up though, and she'll learn quickly to hide them.

I hope I was able to answer the questions that your precious daughter could not.

andrea

2 comments:

Angel2 said...

Doesn't it just break your heart? Really, there are so many kids that I would adopt on the spot if I had the power! I honestly think a HUGE problem is that parents simply don't know how to parent anymore! They are too busy thinking about themselves and bemoaning the fact that they actually have to take care of someone else!

Shawna said...

so sad. if you need Angel's address, you can just send it to her directly next time. :)

JUST KIDDING!!!