Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Drive to Work This Morning

My 25 minute drive to work every morning is quite eventful. Here is what I noticed about my drive today:

- 5 cars pulled out in front of me (3 of them got the thumbs up)
- I hit at least 12 red lights
- Witnessed 3 people run red lights
- I passed 8 coffee shops, 6 of which are Starbucks
- Saw 1 car in the car pool lane with only 1 person in the car (and there wasn't even traffic)
- 5 cars annoyingly blocked an intersection
- 1 fire engine passed with siren blaring
- Was puzzled by 1 driver brushing his teeth
- Laughed at 1 driver who sneezed (I don't know why I laughed)

And the best part about my drive to work this morning was the music. I'm stuck with the radio because my ipod was stolen and my cd player suddenly doesn't work. I get tired of all the morning talk, so I ended up on Kost 103.5 - the "love song" station. I would normally never admit that I have a preset to this station, but I LOVED the morning music today! Everytime a new song came on, I would go "YESSS!" and sing along. It defintely kept me smiling during my morning commute. Here is the list of songs I got to sing along to on my way to work:

1. "Rock With You" Michael Jackson
2. "Manic Monday" The Bangles
3. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" Whitney Houston
4. "Someday We'll Be Together" Diana Ross & The Supremes
5. "Fire & Rain" Babyface (it's odd to me that Babyface covered one of James Taylor's greatest hits... James is much better.)

Is your morning commute as eventful as mine?

3 comments:

Cathi said...

AHhH! I LOVE Rock with You! Maybe my favorite MJ song. My commute wasn't quite as eventful. But I did listen to Sara Bareilles- who you totally need to hear, by the way.

vanessa said...

Hmm...

*Was stuck in traffic because someone hit a deer. The poor animal needed to be put out of it's misery...they were just hovering, staring at the beast (yes, it was huge).

*Passed another dead deer on the side of the road and that's when I wondered...who comes to clean this mess up? Yuck.

*I only passed 1 Starbucks and it doesn't even have a drive-thru! (Sad).

*Listened to NeedToBreathe's new cd on my 45 min ride into work. Love it...it makes me happy.

I'm starting to sound like I live in the country...oh wait...I DO!!!

Shawna said...

I don't have a commute anymore...but oh - they used to be SO entertaining in the subway.

It seems like it was just yesterday that we were singing along to the "love songs" with the pieces off of your bed as our mic. Ha! Great memories!