Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Does this mean I'm stressed?

So, let's enter my world for a sec: I have a big event in 3 weeks. I'm moving this weekend. I'm visiting my sister for a couple of days this weekend. (Yes, I will be gone during the "move." This is more stressful than it sounds because this means that I MUST get it all done before I leave 'cause I can't do it as we're moving). I had a blowout on sunday. Took my car in the shop on monday to get it fixed where I was told I actually have to get 3 tires. My roommate's car completely died on her yesterday. **Breathe.** As you can see, I'm a little stressed.

Then this happened...

When I'm having a stressful day/week, I make sure that I do things for myself, like get a pedicure, rent a movie, treat myself to a fancy coffee drink. Today I chose the latter. So after work, I get my drink; I get back in my car. Put it in reverse. But wait... it won't go in reverse!! What??!! "NOT NOW," I screamed. Is it stuck? Let me pull harder! OH MY GOSH MY CAR IS STUCK! I can't go backwards! I can't even go forward! What the crap?! I start to panic as I opened my door and grab my keys from the ignition. Huh... where are my keys? They're not in the ignition. OOOOHH... they're sitting quietly on my lap. OOOOHHH... that's why it wouldn't go in reverse. Nice.

Probably the stupidest thing I've EVER done... but I'm chalkin it up to stress.

6 comments:

Shawna said...

my vote would be "yes". i'm sorry. hang in there.

Megan said...

Sorry friend...the end is in sight!

vanessa said...

oh...i feel your pain. so sorry...stress is just down right the WORST thing! a new day is coming soon...SOON!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

That's pretty funny...at least you didn't lock a CHILD in that car like (ahem) someone I know!

Mariah Snyder said...

Or...maybe you should go to Disneyland when you're stressed?! let's plan it!

mandy said...

i am laughing so hard right now. miss you!