Monday, April 7, 2008

House of Many Colors


Sometimes I house-sit for people while they're on vacation. It's a great way to earn a little extra cash while taking care of dogs, watering plants, checking the mail, picking tomatoes or any other random thing they have me do. Most recently I stayed at what I call "The House of Many Colors." I had to share them (the colors) with you. (Keep in mind that their youngest child is a senior in high school and is the only one still living with mom and dad.)

DOWNSTAIRS
Entry Way and Den - Medium Tan
Formal Dining - Dark Purple
1/2 Bath - Lavendar
Kitchen - Burnt Red
Living Room - Burnt Red and White
Bedroom 1 - Olive Green (w/ Teal bedding)

Not too bad, right? But wait...

UPSTAIRS
Hallway - Light Tan w/ Dark Clay accents
Master Bedroom - Olive Green
Master Bath - Olive Green with Tan accents
Laundry Room - Pure Eggshell White
Office - Periwinkle
Bedroom 2 - Princess Purple
Bedroom 3 - Donald Duck Blue
TV Room - 80's Downtown Miami Art Deco Teal
Bathroom - I couldn't tell you because I was blinded when I walked in. Seriously. I think it had a florescent green tone... but I honestly couldn't tell you.

(ps - I changed my settings so you don't have to have a google account to comment, but you do have to enter in the handy-dandy secret security code. So, comment away!)

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I like artistic people!! My house is full of color too! I lived in houses with white walls my WHOLE life! I love it!

Allison said...

I can't wait to have a house I can paint...it will be filled with color!

Shawna said...

oh this made me laugh. i am an advocate for paint, but that is a little too much for me. donald duck blue and miami art deco teal were my favorite descriptions.

oh - and for the record - teal and olive green don't really go together, do they?

Cathi said...

Yikes! Maybe they're color blind?